Last Updated on May 6, 2022
Do you have a TruXedo tonneau cover? Are you wondering how to install TruXedo tonneau covers? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with the full installation process in this article. TruXedo tonneau covers are easy to install and they offer No-Drill installation. They will take only 20-30 minutes to install into your truck.
TruXedo tonneau covers are manufactured by TruXedo Inc. that produces innovative rolling and racks integrated truck bed cover concepts that provide style, quality, functionality, and durability at the same time. The most exciting thing about TruXedo tonneau covers is that they are customizable which allows you to expand and diversify the cover according to your need.
There is a variety of designs of TruXedo tonneau cover and they come in different price ranges. Followings are the most popular TruXedo tonneau cover models:
- TruXedo Lo Pro
- TruXedo TruXport
- TruXedo Sentry CT
Let’s have a look at how to install TruXedo tonneau covers.
How to Install a TruXedo Lo Pro Tonneau Cover?
TruXedo Lo Pro is a soft roll-up tonneau cover that offers a sleek and low-profile design at a reasonable price. The Lo Pro is made from industrial leather-grain vinyl fabric that comes in black color.
The Lo pro comes with the packaging that includes every part needed for installation and all the components consist of two side rails, six clamps, a cover assembly with safety straps, owner’s manual, and may include a bulkhead seal. You will need a half-inch wrench and a pair of scissors. The installation will take only 20 minutes to install the cover into your truck bed.
The retainer straps are wrapped around the header guides for shipping. Take them off before starting installation. The driver-side rail can be identified by the single trigger latch.
- Firstly, start with the passenger side rail by positioning it against the truck bed rail. Push it forward toward the cab to install the clamps.
- Now, push the clamp as high as possible on the bed rail. Tighten it with your finger making sure the grooves on the side rail engage with the teeth of the clamp.
- Finger tighten the clamp at the bulkhead and a third near the tailgate. Place all three clamps and tighten the bolt with a half-inch socket while holding the clamp firmly in one hand to keep the clamp from slipping or spinning. Repeat the steps for the driver-side rail.
- Check that the side rails remain level with the truck bed caps. Reposition the clamps or side rail if necessary to ensure its level.
- If your truck bed requires a bulkhead seal, cut it to length and install it on top of the bulkhead.
- Set the cover assembly behind the cab. The front header of the cover assembly sits in the space of the end of the side rail just in front of the tension control brackets. Ensure the front header seal sits on top of the bulkhead. The patented automatic tension control system that keeps the cover tight with the truck bed all over the year without any manual adjustments.
- Then simply slide the header guides into the locked position. You should hear a click.
- Push the hook strip in the side rail toward the cab before setting the cover onto it.
- Now, unhook the retainer straps and unroll the cover to the back of the tailgate, and firmly close the cover to latch it.
- The industrial-grade hook and loop system will seal the cover to the side rails.
If you want to drive with the cover fully open just pull the anodized single trigger latch to release the cover then simply roll the cover to the front of the truck bed and secure it with the retainer straps. This allows you unrestricted access to your truck bed.
How to Install a TruXedo TruXport Tonneau Cover?
TruXedo TruXport is a soft roll-up tonneau cover that includes top quality features and benefits at an affordable price range. The TruXedo TruXport is made with quality leather-grain vinyl fabric and comes in black color.
TruXedo TruXport tonneau cover comes in the packaging that includes all the parts needed for installation, a cover assembly with safety straps, six clamps, owner’s manual, and header seals. You will need a half-inch socket and a 3/8 ratchet for the installation. The installation will take only 30 minutes to install the cover into your truck bed.
- Firstly, apply corner weather sealing to the corner plugs and put the cover up the front across the front bulkhead.
- Now, put the driver-side rail on top of the rail of the truck and engage the clamp at the rear side and finger tighten the clamp that will prevent the rail from falling off the side of the truck. Insert the front plug into the front header notice how the c-channel of the front header is facing toward the rear of the truck.
- Then grab the passenger side rail and follow the same procedure as the driver side rail. Compare both sides at the front and check if the gap size is the same on both sides.
- Attach the other clamps in a suitable position at both side rails and finger tighten them.
- Next, unhook the straps and make sure that the straps are not underneath the header. Unroll the cover over the bed and install the remaining weather seals.
- Each rail should have an eighth of an inch gap between the header and the side rail.
- Now, keep rolling the cover forward and tighten all the clamps using a half-inch socket with a 3/8 ratchet.
- Roll the cover back to the rear again and check if the rear header fits into the header stop groove as it should. If the cover seems too tight you can manually adjust the cover tension by releasing the cover by undoing the latch at both sides of the rail and push in the lever.
- You can set the tension by rotating a little thumb nut attached to the side rail of the cover.
- Now, fit the header into the header stop groove then close the tailgate and the installation is done.
How to Install a TruXedo Sentry CT Tonneau Cover?
TruXedo Sentry CT by TruXedo is a hard roll-up tonneau cover that features an extra-low profile. The Sentry CT comes with a Premium Woven Matte Black finish. The fabric is pressure bonded to heavy-duty aluminum slats making the Sentry CT the ultimate durability and security.
TruXedo Sentry CT tonneau cover comes with packaging that includes a cover assembly, driver and passenger side rails, and all the hardware necessary to install the cover into your truck. You will need a half-inch wrench and scissors.
- Starting by cleaning the bulkhead area with alcohol and install the rubber seals to the bulkhead making sure to align the seal with the inside edge of the bulkhead then trim the seal to sit flush with the bed caps.
- Position one side rail on the truck bed making sure the rail sits level on top of the truck bed. Slide the rail towards the bulkhead so that the foam seal is compressed about halfway.
- Now, engage all the clamps and tighten them using a half-inch wrench on both side rails.
- Place the cover assembly on the rails at the bulkhead and line the screw head on the underside of the cover assembly with the slot on the rail on each side. Slide the header guides towards the rail to secure the rolled cover. A header guide will click when it is securely fastened.
- Unroll the cover to the tailgate and close the tailgate then push down on the end of the cover to latch both sides. Secure the hook and loop on both side rails before driving. The installation is done.
The followings are some important points you should know:
- To open the cover, drop the tailgate then pull down on a release cable and lift and roll the rear header.
- To drive the cover with an open position both straps must be secured to retaining lips.
- To release the strap, push the tab up.
TruXedo tonneau covers can be a great option for those who want to buy a stylish tonneau cover that is easy to use, durable, and of top quality. TruXedo cover improves the overall gas mileage of your truck by around 10%. There are different price ranges so that you can buy a tonneau cover at an affordable price and install it into your truck easily. For more information leave us a comment below.