Last Updated on November 17, 2022
Among many other tonneau covers, tri-fold tonneau covers are the most popular tonneau cover. Tri-fold covers can be made with various materials like aluminum, plastic, or fabric. If the tonneau cover is made with a hard material like plastic or aluminum, that’s called a hard tri-fold tonneau cover. Soft tri-fold tonneau covers are made with different types of fabrics.
There are many circumstances when you might want to remove the tri-fold tonneau cover installed on your truck bed. It’s not too hard to remove a tri-fold cover. By following the steps below anyone will be able to remove a tri-fold tonneau cover.
- First of all, unlock the tonneau cover from the rear end and fully fold the cover to the bulkhead side.
- Remove the folded cover from the bed rails. In this part, you may require a screwdriver or a ratchet depending on the tonneau cover.
- Now pulling upwards will remove the folded cover from the bed rails. If it feels stuck check for any latches or clamps. If not, wiggling a little will help. Some tri-fold tonneau covers come in one piece. If yours is like that, you have successfully removed the tri-fold cover.
- If the cover came with side rails, then you’ll have to remove them from your truck’s bed rails. For that, remove all the clamps holding the side rails with the bed rails and the side rails will come off.
How Do You Get a Tonneau Cover Off?
Assuming you have a roll-up tonneau cover:
1. Start by unlatching the cover of the cab. There will be a latch near the front of the cover that you can release.
2. Once that is released, you can begin to roll up the cover towards the back of the truck bed.
3. Once it is fully rolled up, disconnect any straps or clamps that are holding it in place and carefully remove the cover from your truck bed.
How Do You Remove a Trifecta Tonneau Cover?
Assuming you have a Trifecta 2.0 tonneau cover, here are the steps to remove it:
1. Open the tailgate and pull out on the release cord located at the front of the cover.
2. Lift up on the front of the cover until it disengages from the rear clamps.
3. Fold or roll the cover towards the cab and rest it on top of the bed rails.
How Do You Remove the Cover on a Tacoma Tri-Fold?
Assuming you are talking about the Tacoma tonneau cover:
There should be two release levers on either side at the front of the cover. You will need to push down on these levers to get the front of the cover to come up.
There may also be a release lever in the middle at the back of the cover. Once you have released all three latches, you should be able to fold up the cover and remove it from your truck bed.
How Do You Open a Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover?
To open a tri-fold tonneau cover, first, unlock the cover at the tailgate side. The unlocking method of a tri-fold tonneau cover depends on the model of the tonneau cover. There must be a pull cable or some kind of latch system on the tailgate side. Now fold the cover to get access to your truck bed. You can open up one-third of your truck bed with each fold.
You can remove the cover by folding it fully and removing the straps/latches/screws on the front side of the truck bed.
Removing a Fold-a-Cover Hard Folding Tonneau Cover
How to Take off Soft Tonneau Cover
Assuming you have a soft tonneau cover:
If your cover has straps or cords, start by releasing those. Once they’re loosened or completely detached, you can begin folding the cover back.
If your cover doesn’t have any straps or cords, simply begin folding it back from one side. Keep folding until the entire cover is off of the truck bed.
Tonneau Cover Removal
If you’re in the market for a new truck bed cover, you may be wondering how to remove your old one. Tonneau covers are great for keeping your cargo dry and secure, but they can be a pain to take off. Here’s a step-by-step guide to removing a tonneau cover:
1. Start by unlatching the cover at the front of the bed. If your cover has hinges, open them up so that you have access to the entire bed.
2. Next, grab hold of the cover on either side and lift it up. You may need a friend to help you with this if the cover is large or heavy.
3. Once the cover is lifted up, pull it towards the rear of the bed until it comes free. You may need to wiggle it a bit to get it loose from any clips or brackets that are holding it in place.
4. With the cover off, fold it up and store it in a safe place until you’re ready to put it back on. That’s all there is to it!
How to Remove Tonneau Cover Clips
If you have a tonneau cover on your truck, you know how important it is to keep it in good condition. Not only does it protect your cargo from the elements, but it also keeps prying eyes away from your valuables. Over time, though, the clips that hold the cover in place can become loose or even fall off entirely.
When this happens, it’s time to remove the old clips and replace them with new ones. Here’s how to do it:
1. Start by removing any loose or broken tonneau cover clips from the cover itself. Be careful not to damage the cover while doing this. 2. Next, use a flathead screwdriver to pry the retaining clips out of their holes in the cover. Again, be careful not to damage the material.
3. Once all of the old clips are removed, clean out any debris or dirt from the holes with a brush or compressed air. This will help ensure that your new clips stay in place better.
4. To install your new tonneau cover clips, simply press them into place in the holes until they snap into place. Make sure they’re seated properly before moving on to the step
5 . If needed, use a small amount of adhesive on each clip to help keep them securely in place. Just be sure not to get any glue on areas where you’ll be attaching other parts later on. (We recommend 3M Super 77 Multipurpose Adhesive).
How to Remove a Tonneau Cover by Yourself
If you’re looking to remove your tonneau cover by yourself, there are a few things you’ll need to keep in mind. First, you’ll need to make sure that the cover is properly secured. This can be done by checking the latches or Velcro strips that are holding it in place.
Once you’ve confirmed that the cover is secure, you can begin removing it by gently lifting it up from one end. It’s important to be careful when removing the cover so that you don’t damage it. Once you’ve got one side lifted up, you can then proceed to remove the other side in the same manner.
After both sides are removed, you can then fold the cover and store it away until you next need it.
How to Remove Tonneau Cover Rails
Most truck owners don’t give a second thought to their tonneau cover rails until it’s time to remove them. Whether you’re taking your cover off for the season or need access to your truck bed for hauling, removing the rails is a quick and easy process. Here’s how to do it:
Start by unlatching the cover at the front of the bed. Once the latches are released, you should be able to lift the cover up and off of the rails. If your cover is attached at the rear of the bed, simply repeat the process at those latches.
With the cover removed, take a look at how it attaches to the rails. In most cases, there will be four bolts holding each rail in place. Using a socket wrench or other appropriate tool, remove these bolts and set them aside-you’ll need them when it’s time to reattach the cover.
With the bolts removed, you should be able to gently pull each rail away from the side of your truck bed. Be careful not to damage any paint or other surfaces as you do this. Once both rails are free, they can be stored until you’re ready to use them again.
And that’s all there is to it! Removing your tonneau cover Rails is a simple process that anyone can do in just a few minutes. So next time you need access to your truck bed, don’t hesitate to take those rails off-it’s easy!
How to Fold Truck Bed Cover
Assuming you want a step-by-step guide on how to fold a truck bed cover:
Step One: Park your truck on level ground and set the parking brake.
Step Two: Unlock the cover at the rear (the tailgate side). Almost all the covers are locked by some kind of latching or clamping system.
Step Three: Now, just push the cover up and it will fold once and give you one-third access to the truck’s bed. If there are velcro straps holding it down, release them. You can fold the cover one or two more times depending on the model of your tonneau cover.
Sometimes there are snaps that need to be unsnapped as well. If there are no straps or snaps, simply fold it back until it rests on top of itself or until you can’t go any further without creasing the material.
How to Remove a Roll-Up Tonneau Cover
Are you looking to remove your roll-up tonneau cover? Whether you’re wanting to take it off for cleaning purposes, or because you’re no longer using it, here are some easy steps on how you can do so.
First, start by opening up the cover. You’ll want to make sure that the cover is completely unrolled before proceeding. Once the cover is open, locate the end caps at each side of the rail. The end caps can be removed by unscrewing the bolts that hold them in place.
With the end caps removed, gently pull on the fabric of the cover until it comes loose from the rail. You may need to wiggle it a bit until it comes free. Once it’s loose, continue rolling up the cover and removing it from the truck bed.
Now that you have your cover off, you can proceed with cleaning it or storing it away until you need it again. Be sure to put those end caps back on before re-installing the cover!
Assuming you want a summary of the blog post and not just the steps on how to remove a trifold tonneau cover: Most trucks come with some kind of bedcover these days. And while many are happy with the factory option, others may prefer an aftermarket cover.
Perhaps you’ve decided you want to remove your Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover and go without it for a while. Or maybe you’re looking to upgrade and need to uninstall your old one first. Here is a quick guide on how to remove a Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover.
First, remove the folded tonneau cover from the truck. There should be some kind of screws or latches holding it with the truck bed. Use the required tools such as a screwdriver or a ratchet. Now, carry the folded cover out of your truck bed and proceed to remove the side rails by removing the clamps holding them with the bed rails.
Reinstalling is simply the reverse process—fold it back into thirds, latch or strap it down at the corners and center, and you’re good to go!